Thursday, August 18, 2011

Welcome August!!! *365 Update*

August is upon us and I'm still not too sure I'm ready for it or happy about it! Either way, I guess I really don't have a say ... but whatev, I'm still not a fan!

August is just how it always is...over-booked!!! I have all summer off and a pretty "chill" time then BAAAAMM!!! BUSY is an understatement! I really need to remember how this feels in June & July so my August's arem't so hectic. On the positive side, it does help me get back my energy level needed to teach the entire year.

I must say, while August has been quite busy, it's been SUPER amounts of fun, fun, fun!! Take a peak! :)


August 1 - What better way to start out August than being in Target watching all the mom's & kids pick out their back-to-school supplies! No I did not go to see this, I was actually there for gardening gloves...for the 1 and only time I picked weeds! Anyways - I just LOVE b-2-s shopping - whether it be clothes or school supplies, it was and still is a favorite time of year for me! There is nothing better than a crisp new notebook and folder!!! ....I guess it's a good thing I'm a teacher since I love it just that much!!


August 2 - Jack's favorite Cooper's Hawk red wine - Lux! I must say, and being a non-red drinker/fan, it was quite delish!!! We are wine club members there and so for our 2 July bottles (1 red & 1 white) Jack picked up, this Lux was not included - it's never included. Actually, it's one of their high-end wines and a little/lot pricy!!!! Jack convinced the lady working to give him the bottle of Lux as our red wine for the month because it was our anniversary. Good for him for being so charming, haha...he got it!! This is the night he opened it and enjoyed!!


August 3 - Went to C.L. to the sewing shop and got my fabric for the pillowcase example I'm making. They have semi pre-cut sets of fabrics for certain projects, so this was the only one I thought would be appealing to both girls and boys - more so the boys to really "win them over" on the sewing part of my class. The girls will be happy to make whatever!


August 4 - Banana = Back-to-school shopping for this girl! Got some really great deals, almost everything on sale - which is not typical of me, but I "caved in" and did it, haha - and totally worth it!! My credit card thanked me - well, no, Jack thanked me!!



August 5 - Skinny Girl White Sangria - FINALLY!!!!! And gotta say, it's quite tasty! I do like the S.G. Margarita better, but this was a nice change!


August 6 - Jack LOVES his ice cream! My parent's neighbor was having the 3rd annual ice-cream social for the neighborhood - and since Jack and I are still (more so me, haha) having trouble parting from the amazing neighbors I grew up with - we still have standing invites to these things, which we most appreciate and it means a lot to us!! It really, truly is the BEST neighborhood ever!!!


August 7 - School lesson planning has completely taken over the office! And this is how I spent my Saturday & Sunday of this weekend! VERY productive and had fun doing it!


August 8 - One of my favorite days of summer!! Got invited over to a former student's house by their mom (I had 2 of her children in my classes) & then another one of my students came over too. The kiddos went grocery shopping and then prepared 4 different recipes to make a DELISH and WONDERFUL lunch! I was so proud of them - they totally put all the cooking skills they developed over the year(s) I had them into effect! Great job and such a perfect day!!!


August 9 - Desk at school. I just had to do a "here's what I walked in to" and "after" picture. While the "after" picture is not really that great...let's just say I'm not done yet. I need to get a bulletin board and jazz it up a bit in there. But it looks a lot better than when I walked in!



August 10 - A former student of mine from my 1st year of teaching came in to help me set up my classroom and let me tell you, she was a life savor!! She's now at the same college I went to AND in my sorority...well, OUR sorority hehe!! She's just the bestest!! Thank you for going on the ladder and hanging up my chef hats and for "laminating" all the new cabinet & drawer numbers!!


August 11 - A mini-sorority & family reunion! Right next to me is my grand-little and next to her is one of my two littles (who is now dating one of Jack's best men!!) My grand-little just got engaged and we are sooo excited for her!!! :)
My life is so much better because these two girls and our sorority are such a part of our lives!!! AOT!!


August 12 - Ravinia!!! Love me some friends, music and vino!!! Steely Dan was the main show and even though we had a few raindrops, it cleared up and was SUCH a GREAT time!!! I love my friends, aka our wine group!!!


August 13 - Yes, my Saturday morning/afternoon was spent trying/learning how to make the pillowcase I'll be teaching my kiddos this year. I started off by myself and then 15 minutes in tears came over me. My 2.5 years of not touching a sewing machine or teaching sewing for that long Trumped me for sure!! What was I to do?! Call my friend & life-savor, Courtney, who teaches the fashion program at my high school. An hour and a half later we had conquered the pillowcase and had a new, easy to understand, set of directions typed up and printed! We made this first one out of muslin just to get the hang of it! THANK YOU COURTNEY!!!!!!


And there you have it - my first 2 weeks of August!!

No comments:

Post a Comment